Saturday, June 09, 2007

Improve Your Self Esteem - Image

Ok, so here's the guaranteed way to boost your self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-image in 30 days or less.

I can promise you that unless you already have a unbelievably high self-esteem or feelings of self-worth one or more of the following thoughts will run through your mind while you do this exercise:

* "This is silly"
* "I look stupid doing this"
* "This doesn't work"
* "Only people with low self-esteems/losers need to do this"
* "How embarrassing"
* "If my friends knew I did this, they would laugh at me"
* "If my spouse knew I did this, (s)he would laugh at me"
* "I don't have time for this"
* This is corny/cheesy
* etc


ALL of those thoughts are a SURE sign that you need to boost your self-image and SHOULD be doing these exercises.

First, I want you think of all the things you WISH you had heard as a child
from your parents, teachers, friends, and other authority figures.

I will give you a "example affirmations lists" later,
but it's very important that you form your own list from your own childhood experiences.

Most of us hear a combination of positive and negative things about ourselves when growing up.
Depending on who was saying it and the tone in which they said it,
those comments formed the unconscious programming
that ultimately determines how successful and happy you will be in life.

Now, once you have your list together,
you will wake up every morning,
go straight to your bathroom mirror,
and repeat those words outloud to yourself while looking in the mirror i
n the most loving and encouraging tones you can manage.
You will do this for at least 30 days.

Wait, did one of the above mentioned thoughts just go through your head??
Great! at least you noticed it.
And now know why you have NOT been leaving the life of your dreams.

If however, you let those thoughts stop you from doing this exercise every day for 30 days,
then quite honestly, I can almost guarantee you will get the same results you have always gotten.

On the other hand, if you recognize those thoughts as past programming that some parent, teacher, or authority figure placed there without your consent and you would like to change it, then CONGRATULATIONS!
You are well on your way to living the live of your dreams. Someone who others will see as a role model, loving friend, parent, and spouse, who is successful, positive and happy.

Now, if you have a small child and you want them to grow up to be wildly successful, healthy, wealthy, and happy, I encourage you to make that same list and repeat it to them every night before you tuck them into sleep.
Like a super-powerful self-esteem lullaby.

Affirmations for Building Self-Esteem

Below is a small sampling of useful affirmations to get you started. As mentioned before, the list should ultimately come from you and your childhood experiences and memories.

* I love and accept myself exactly as I am.
* I now express love to all those I meet.
* I am a radiating center of divine love.
* Divine love is working through me now.
* Love radiates from me at all times.
* I love myself completely.
* Love comes to me easily and effortlessly.
* I give and receive love easily and joyfully.
* Others love me easily and joyfully.
* I now feel loved and appreciated by my parents, my friends.
* I express love freely
* As I give love, I am instantly supplied with more.
* I radiate love to all persons and places and things.
* People are just waiting to love me, and I allow them.
* I breathe in universal love.
* I attract loving, beautiful people into my life.
* I always deserve love.
* I am attracting loving relationships into my life.
* I project love to everyone I meet.
* I love and approve of myself.
* I am special
* I am a beautiful, special person

0 comments: